Sunday, April 7, 2013

Late night solo art parties...



The studio is a riot of colour at the moment. I've been frantically working on pieces for my next show. I really need to get them to the framers tomorrow but there are a few works that I'm not quite happy with yet. I think a late night of tinkering is ahead of me. But it's all good, 'cause Braveheart is on the TV and is proving to be quite good company. I can't really watch it while I'm working, but like most people I've seen it about a zillion times, so listening to the dialogue is enough to keep me up to speed. Anyway, I thought I'd take a break to snap some photos and give myself some distance from the work. I'm so happy with these pieces - they kind of made themselves - collapsing together in front of me. Think pink, flouro, sea creatures, metallic gel pens, gestural marks, feathers, butterflies and scribbly spots all mixed up in a bowl of psychedelic abandon. They're little trips...made for activating your crown chakra and penetrating your mind's eye. Or something like that. :/ In any case, they've been so long in the making that it feels like a great achievement to see so many completed works piled up on the dining room table. Yes. Good.

Well, I'd best get back to it. But before I do here are some pics of the colourful chaos that surrounds me. Isn't it grand?

3 comments:

  1. Grand indeed, Shell! I love all the colour and the evidence of busy creation going on. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see them framed....as I'd like to see what you choose. (Once a picture framer always a picture framer..ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole. I always go for super simple. White, square corners. Sometimes a matt, if I can afford it! Probably not this time around. :( But I'll take some photos when they're done and hanging. :)

      Delete