Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Smile though your heart is breaking...

Well, it has been a little while hasn't it. Six months in fact! I've needed this break though. I was a little art-drained, directionless and lost about where my practice was heading. So I decided to take some time out from my own practice and rediscover what it is that I love about contemporary art. I also started up my own photography business, Michelle Fleur Photography which has eaten up so much of my time! It has been worth it though!

But never fear, I've been working on group projects through my involvement with Current Projects and have just finished exhibiting at Melbourne Projection Space. The exhibited work, Smile though your heart is breaking was a part of the dispatch project and you can read an essay about it HERE.

Thanks to Melbourne Projection Space for the image!
Also, excitingly, Current Projects was lucky enough to exhibit with several other Queensland Artist Run Initiatives at the Sydney Contemporary Art Fair as a part of Q-ARI. We are currently showing our collaborative collective work at the Griffith University Art Gallery until 16 November. So, check it out if you can!

Finally, I'm doing a fun little project with Keiron over at KLV. I love to collaborate with other creatives (I used to loathe it but a switch changed several months ago and now I can't get enough) and I can't wait to show you what we've been up to! Stay tuned as I start to ease my way into regular blogging. I've missed you all! xx 

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember if I left a comment when I first read this post but I want to say I've missed you too!
    xo Carole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. obviously I didn't but I now think I may be going crazy!

      Delete